The third largest feline in the world, the jaguar is the only member of the Panthera genus native to the Americas. They can be found in the southwestern United States, Mexico, and throughout Central America. Their primary habitats include rainforests, swamps, and wooded areas.
- History: Symbolically, jaguars are very important to many south American cultures. For example, in the Aztec civilization jaguars were seen as the rulers and warriors of the wild, and the Aztecs honored their best warriors by naming them jaguar knights. Similarly, the Moche culture of Peru used the image of the jaguar to depict power, and often included portrayals of them in their art.
- Scientific Name: Panthera onca
- Characteristics: Although jaguars look very similar to leopards, they’re actually more like tigers in terms of their behavior. Painted and designed to be as lifelike as possible, this jaguar toy figurine contains a wealth of knowledge for wildlife enthusiasts!
- Size: Standing 2 inches tall and 4.5 inches long, this jaguar toy figurine is a bit smaller than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Jaguar is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.